Sunday, April 22, 2012

Blog Assignment 12

Engage Me (2:40) Watch this video about how elementary students feel about using technology. Write a opinionated response to how you agree/disagree with the students and why.
Wanting to learn
This video is great! If you have any doubt as to why we should use technology in the classroom, maybe your opinion has changed now. Have you ever thought about what our students think about technology in the classroom? Through the video you see that our students use technology EVERY day outside the classroom. Why not integrate it into a learning aspect of the classroom? The more I see on the subject of technology in the classroom, they more I am on board with it. Why are we not teaching our students how to succeed outside the classroom? The best part about this video is that our students WANT to learn all of these things. The ideas shown in the video came straight from the students. How amazing is it that our students want to be engaged?? They want to be apart of their learning career. I think it is our jobs as teachers to help them thrive with this type of energy. We need to be the ones to introduce things such as blogging, pod casting, and all other sorts of tools.


 I am really glad that we got to make our own assignment. I just spent a hour on YouTube looking at such great videos. They were all so different it was hard to choose one to make an assignment out of all of them. I think that a great assignment would be to just play around on YouTube, see what you can find. Of course, there would have to be an assignment behind it, but there is just so much out there! Go to YouTube, type in your field and technology and go from there! You will be amazed at the place you end up!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Ashley,
    I have to agree with your statement about children being able to integrate using technology in the classroom as a part of their every day lives in the classroom. I wish I knew why teachers are not utilizing such wonderful tools in their classroom everyday.
    I to took at least a couple of hours on you tube for this assignment and had a difficult time choosing which videos I would use for this assignment because of all the information on youtube. I am glad Dr. Strange assigned us this assignment to challenge his students.
    Ashlea good luck with the rest of your education
    Linda

    ReplyDelete