Sunday, April 22, 2012

Creativity and Curiosity: My Thoughts - Special Post #12A

I do not think that schools in the United States destroy curiosity and creativity as much as they use to. I think that the reason there has been a change in the way teaching is approached, is the use of technology. Computers allow for a lot more curiosity and creativity than any other teaching device. Curiosity and creativity go hand and hand, in my opinion. When you are curious about something, you tend to be more creative in the outcome. If you have no desire in the project you are assigned, more than likely, you will have zero effort in making your presentation creative. I am not really sure how much curriculum has to do with curiosity and creativity. I think it is more to do with the teacher and how he or she approaches it. I most definitely think that a teacher can change the way their students are curious about something or not. I also think that a teacher can encourage their students to be creative. It is important to be lead by example. I will not expect my students to put effort into something and make it have a personal touch, if it is not something that I would do myself. I will choose to be curious and creative so that I can have some affect on my students.

Elspeth Bishop is the author of Curiosity Fuels Creativity. She is a writer from Colorado who loves the outdoor. You can get in touch with her through Google+.

1 comment:

  1. "I do not think that schools in the United States destroy curiosity and creativity as much as they use to." used not use

    " I will choose to be curious and creative so that I can have some affect on my students." effect not affect. This mistake is often made and, for some reason, bothers me more than most. Effect as a verb means bring about. Effect as a noun means a change, an impact. This is the way you used affect when it should be effect. Affect as a verb means impact. Affect as a noun means an attribute. Be curious. Look them up. Learn even more.

    ReplyDelete