Friday, March 30, 2012

Blog Assignment # 11

Little Kids.. Big Potential. In this video, I love the way Ms. Cassidy approaches technology. When I first started in EDM310 and was introduced to the idea of student blogs, I was a little skeptical. But now I can see the awesomeness that the blogs bring! One of the greatest things is that it helps strengthen the students' writing abilities. They are getting extra practice and having a fun time doing it! If I have upper level elementary students, I would love to have a class blog. Who knows? I might have future EDM310 students comment on my kids' blogs! I really like the idea of Skype in the classroom. I thought it was super cool that they were skyping with a geologist! I want to do something like that in my own classroom! I also would like to incorporate the types of websites the students had as choices during centers. I just think it's so cool that students are excited to learn and excited to put what they know to use. Watching her video and hearing about how she got started in technology, really REALLY makes me excited to have my own classroom one day! I just can't wait!
Chalkboard. Using Technology in the Classroom

2 comments:

  1. Learning never ends!

    Thoughtful. Well written.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ashlea,
    I thought that the fact that they were skyping with a geologist was great too! I would love to be able to have my students skype with an author of a book or someone like that in my classroom. (I want to be an English teacher). I have been thinking over the past few weeks how I would love for my students to be able have weekly blog posts assigned to them as well. I think that this is a great way to improve learning skills as well as incorporate technology into the classroom. I enjoyed reading your post and I didn't find any mistakes. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete