Sunday, February 26, 2012

C4K Summary for February

My student that I commented on is Kyra from Mrs. Ripp's class in Verona, Wisconsin. The assignment was to choose one place in the world that they would want to travel to. Kyra chose Ireland because she is a Irish dancer and her grandfather is Irish. She also really wants to see the castles and the beaches. I loved Kyra's description of the beaches. She had me wanting to see them too!

The second student I commented on was also a fifth grader from Sioux Rapids, Iowa. The class just received a set of Macbooks and were all super excited. I posted on Madison's blog from the class. She talked about a math website that the class can get on to help with math. Through the website, the class can compete with each other. After the competition round is over, the student with the highest points wins a prize from their teacher. The website is called Sumdog and it is a great website to get the students excited about math! I hope to keep this website in mind if I have fifth grade math one day.

The next class blog I viewed was from New Zealand.The class blog was called Pipo Ako which means the Young Learners. The blog was an animation group portrait of the students in the class. It is a really neat picture that allowed the children to be creative. Neat idea for younger students. The last class I got to read about for February was on all girls online class from Oregon. Their class blog posted about diversity. This is a great subject for students to be taught about. I also think that students should be given a chance to make up their own definition of what diversity means to them. It's much more than just people from different ethnic backgrounds. The best thing from their post that I would like to share is that they post says that there isn't even two people that are alike. Everyone is different and everyone is diverse.

1 comment:

  1. Iowa, Wisconsin, New Zealand and Oregon. All across the world. That is one of the reasons we do C4K. I hope you found it useful.

    ReplyDelete