Thursday, January 19, 2012

Blog Assignment 1

Hello. My name is Ashlea Leytham. I am twenty two years old. I married my best friend in March of 2008. Our daughter is the center of our world. Everything we do is for her. She is almost five years old now. She's growing up so fast. My absolute favorite place in the world is Disney World. Seeing the look of amazement, excitement, and pure happiness on children's faces when they are there, is something I will never get tired of seeing. I love kids. Seeing them happy makes me happy.

Mobile, Alabama has been my home since I was born. Leaving my home and my family was never an option for me when it came to choosing a college. My husband and my two older sisters were all attending South when I graduated high school so it was an easy decision for me to follow suit. Growing up, I knew I wanted to do something that involved helping children. When I first started at South, I wanted to be a pediatric nurse. I found out real quick that the hospital scene was not for me. It wasn't until my daughter came of learning age that I really started thinking about teaching. I would get so excited about sitting down with her and helping her learn her ABC's and now I am currently helping her to read. When I finally changed my major to elementary education, I really started enjoying college. The thought of having a career where I can help others and be around children all day is sure to be the best job out there for me!


Time Management by Randy Pausch
I have never heard of Randy Pausch before I watched the Time Management video. I really enjoyed the things he said. The statement that stuck out the most was about not stressing about doing things right. It is more important to do the right things. Doing wonderful at the wrong things does not really count for much. I think this is a great statement to live by. I have already passed it on a few times and will continue to spread the message.


Time Management by Penn State
I usually do okay with managing my time. I have a planner that I stick to and it helps out a lot. The lesson about time management from Penn State has awesome tips to become better aware of your time. The tip that will be most helpful for me is saying 'no' to someone when I do not have the time. I hate to let people down but interfering with the time I have planned for things is not okay and it's time that I learn to deal with that, especially with the amount of time we need for EDM310!

5 comments:

  1. Welcome to EDM310. This is a test. This comment should be sent to your Gmail account and to edm310comments@gmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is wonderful to read that a student enjoys college.


    Welcome to EDM310.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ashlea,

    I am so glad that you are enjoying being in college and being around children! I love everything Disney as well! Hope you enjoy EDM310!

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh,

    Make sure that you add your twitter to the contact section!

    Thanks,

    Rebekah Lloyd

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ashlea,
    My name is Kellen Bramlett. I love how involved you are with your child. I have six brothers and sisters so naturally I cannot wait until I have a child of my own. I also see your favorite place is Disney, I have never been there, but I really hope to visit one day. I am not originally from Mobile, but I've loved it since I moved here. Like you, I also wanted to pursue a medical career, but after working at Huntsville Hospital over the summer I decided it was not for me. I have seen parts of Dr. Pausch's last lecture before with my dad, and I believe you will enjoy watching it later in the year. I look forward to reading more post from you.

    Kellen

    ReplyDelete